I live in Sydney, Australia with my husband and two teenage daughters. I qualified as an interior designer over 25 years ago and have diploma’s in business administration, law and management. I also enjoy adventure travelling…especially to exotic destinations!
With a wide range of recent experience in start-ups, general business management, sales & marketing, business data analytics, operations management, strategy and leadership together with digital marketing, Zoho CRM specialist, e-commerce website development and social media management.
Business Administration and Management | Business and Marketing Strategy | Business Development Manager | Website Development (Ecommerce) | Zoho CRM Specialist | Leadership | Project Management | Content Writing | Social Media | SEO | PPC | Digital Marketing | Interior Designer (Certified DIA) | MYOB | HR Recruitment | Design Thinking
Recent experience includes working with the Gineico Group managing business operations and business development, including business and marketing strategy, implementing Zoho One CRM, management of digital advertising and the successful recruitment of key staff members, project management, development and successful launch of 3 ecommerce websites:
A highlight of working with the Gineico Group was attending Salon de Mobile Milano 2019 and spending time with key suppliers.
Prior to working for the Gineico Group I founded a product design company, Designer Pinboards Australia. From my experience as an interior designer I noticed a gap in the market for commercial quality over-sized pinboards and designed a range of solutions that were manufactured locally and distributed across Australia and New Zealand. The pinboards were designed using the Forbo Bulletin Board material, later securing the exclusive distribution rights for NSW. This experience involved the development of an ecommerce website that was suitable for B2B and B2C customers, securing funding, setting up of manufacture and logistics for an Australian made product.
As the business owner of interior design consultancy, Devise Decor I enjoyed the privilege of working with many wonderful clients who trusted me and my team of designers, trades-people and crafts-people to design, specify and project manage a range of residential and commercial projects.
- commercial office project for Sydney’s Sheraton on the Park
- a long standing association with Musket Cove Island Resort in Fiji: constant accommodation refurbishment program, including the design and local Fijian manufacture of resort furniture.
- project managing the design, build and interior design of ‘off the grid’ rural properties in the Hunter Valley and Goulburn. Including the integration of wind and solar solutions.
- Nominated for Innovative Timber Design Award .
- Nominated for Telstra Business Woman of the Year Award
- interior design and project management of a number of heritage listed properties that were sensitively updated for contemporary living.
Current memberships include the Design Institute Australia (DIA) as an Accredited Designer DIA.
Passion projects include my blog www.ideasworthexploring.com where I review books. I am particularly interested in books that have concepts or ideas that contribute to supporting an end to poverty, equality for all and protecting our planet. All funds are donated to the charity World Reader. Supporting access of books for improved literacy outcomes for children in developing countries.
With a strong love of learning I am very interested in new research around design, technology, business strategy, food, health and lifestyle. I like to explore the idea of using design thinking and innovation to help solve social issues.
Design Centre Enmore TAFE NSW
- Diploma of Interior Design
- Associate Diploma of Business – Small Business Administration/Management
- Advanced Certificate – Management
Torrens University Australia
- Design Thinking Certification
- Introduction to B Corps, Championing Organisational Change
The Wharton School
- Customer Analytics
- Operations Analytics
Business Analytics Specialization
University of Pennsylvania
- Global Trends for Business and Society
- Social Entrepreneurship
- Business Strategies for Social Impact
Business Strategies for A Better World Specialization
- The Science of Well-Being
The University of Edinburgh
- Know Thyself: the value and limits of self-knowledge, the examined life
Refer to LinkedIn for details of education and certifications: https://www.linkedin.com/in/kathyjoyce1/